EuropaColon Portugal was created in 2006 in Porto with the primary function to help reduce the number of deaths from intestinal cancer and to provide support to patients and family members and improve their quality of life.
Objectives of the Association:
- Promote the screening and early diagnosis of traceable digestive cancers
- Advise and support the people who suffer from the cancers that they cover
- Promote the improvement and extension of medical care
- Contribute to the dissemination of information about these diseases to the public
- To promote research on the causes and treatment of these diseases
- Cooperate with doctors, nursing and paramedic staff, the pharmaceutical industry, and public and private entities
- Cooperate with similar associations at home and abroad
- Create a center for information for all patients and stakeholders
- Proceed to issue an informative journal bulletin
Read more about EuropaColon Portugal here.